Monday 5 October 2009

FIGHTING COCK: THE BEST JUKEBOX IN BRADFORD?

The Fighting Cock has long had a reputation for serving the best in local real ale and continental lagers. It has always had a pretty good jukebox but recently got a super slick new one.  Last Thursday I was browsing through the playlist and was surprised to find the names of bands that Good Form Club and other Bradford promoters have put on in the past. Sky Larkin, Duels, Forward Russia, Los Campesinos, British Sea Power all had singles on the jukebox along with loads of newer bands all of which I can't remember (I was pretty drunk on the Yakima, a pale ale made in Ossett that is brewed with American Hops).  Of course the jukebox had all the rock classics such as Journey and Foreigner etc but its selection of new bands was amazing.  I think Ill be spending more time in the FIghting Cock now that I know they have some great music to compliment their extensive range of ale. Win Win.